Villa Vanzetti rises up on a Roman settlement. Erected in mid-sixteenth century had lots of modifications. Occupied by the Napoleonic troops it was used as an army hospital and in the second world war, due to the strategic position, became the German headquarters first and the Allied Forces headquarters after. The historical Garden was design in 1700 with its typical perspective views and it’s full of rare and exotic plants. Professor Carlo Vanzetti ( 1913-1994), a worldwide famous agronomist and owner of the Villa, personally took care of the garden and its centenary trees, enriching the park with rare plants. Nowadays his daughter Maria Alessandra, agronomist herself, successfully continues her father’s work.